Blackland Prairie District Eagle Scout Board-of-Review (BoR)
To schedule your Eagle Board-of-Review, you must have completed the following:
- Your Eagle project and support documentation
- Received VERIFICATION of the Eagle Scout Rank Application form (#512728) - Check with your Unit's Advancement Coordinator on process or you may submit the Eagle Scout Rank Application directly to Kember Madsen at Circle Ten Council by emailing to KemberMadsen@scouting.org or hand delivery to Council office at 8605 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas. You should receive a response within ten (10) days.
- Print application verification email and attach to your Eagle Scout Rank Application.
- Submit the completed Eagle Scout Rank Application and all supporting documents (including verification letter) to Interim Blackland Prairie District Advancement Chair.
- Follow up with email to the Blackland Prairie Interim District Advancement Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org alerting him that you have submitted your complete Eagle Scout credentials package.
- Eagle Boards of Review will be held at the unit level. The unit decides the location, date and time. The Board must consist of at least two adults from the unit (NOT a Scoutmaster or Assistant Scoutmaster) and the Interim Blackland Prairie District Advancement Chair.
To help you with this process, Blackland Prairie has a checklist to ensure you have all the necessary supporting documentation. Please download the "Eagle Credentials Checklist".
- You and your unit leadership should review all of the Eagle Scout candidate credentials
- The checklist guides you and the unit’s leadership through a detailed review of the Eagle Scout Rank Application and supporting documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Inaccurate or incomplete documentation could delay your board of review.
- Please include the check-marked copy of the checklist in your Eagle Scout credentials package.
For clarification or more information, please contact:
Brian Bennet, Blackland Prairie District Interim Advancement Chair
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is preferred the Scout be in full uniform for his Eagle Scout board of review. He should wear as much of it as he owns, and it should be as correct as possible, with the badges worn properly. Since the Order of the Arrow sash is worn only at OA events and when representing the OA; it is never worn over the belt or with a merit badge sash. Wearing an OA sash at the Eagle Scout BoR is not appropriate.
Eagle BoR Etiquette:
- Eagle candidates should arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled board.
- Troops must provide 2 to 3 members for the board, all at least 21 years old. They need not be on an advancement committee or registered with the Boy Scouts of America, but they must have an understanding of the purpose and importance of the review. Guide to Advancement, no. 18.104.22.168
- Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters may not serve on a Board of Review for a scout in their own unit.
- Parents or guardians may not serve on a board for their own son.
- Board members should arrive 30 minutes early to review the applicant’s materials.
The following files can be downloaded by clicking on them below and will prove helpful:
Blackland Prairie LTE Process Flowchart Blackland Prairie
Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook, No. 512-927
Eagle Scout Rank Application, No. 512-728
Eagle Palm Application, No. 512-728